In March of 2009, I was awakened in the middle of the night with a pain in my stomach so severe and I didn’t know what it was. My wife woke up and I tried to explain to her my pain, she asked if it was heartburn or indigestion? I had never had either, so I didn’t know what it was. I took Tums and other pain relief remedies and nothing would work. I then decided to drive myself to the ER. I knew, once there I had to say I was an 8 or they would think I was just checking in with a stomach ache.
I was seen quickly and they gave me some powdery concoction that did not help at all with the pain. They then gave me some morphine. I was then feeling better, but the stomach area was really sore. I was seen by a DR, who brought in a simple ultra sound machine and I was told I had gall stones. I have heard of them and of some even having their gall bladders removed.
What a relief for the most part, I knew what it was, but did not want to go through it ever again. They sent me down to the actual ultra sound facility and later back in the ER, just to be sure that is all it was. I was told for a fact that I had 30 + gall stones. As the ER Dr. counseled with me on what gall stones were and that the only way to get them out was to have the gall bladder removed. I told him I did not want it removed and that I was planning on eating better and would hope this would not happen again. He said since this is my first time, he would wait to see if it would happen again before I made the decision to have it taken out. I was released and sent home. The pain had subsided but the soreness was still there, but I was glad to know what it was and it wasn’t too serious, but very well could have been.
I returned home and immediately went to the Internet to see what causes gall stones to be sure not to eat /drink whatever it was. That list ranged from being overweight, to hereditary. Cholesterol, animal fat, dairy, fried foods, soda, etc…. other than hereditary I did it all from being overweight and eating all of these mentioned items. Now, it would only be fair to mention that I had started to change my diet for that first couple of months of 2009, but was not at all where I needed to be and was not consistent by any means. This in my opinion may have been why I had the attack, the back and forth of eating good then not for the first 2-3 months of the year.
I then came across a site “cleansing or surgery” in which I read through hoping I could do something to avoid having surgery sooner or later in life. It was very similar to a 3 day cleanse that a good neighbor friend of mine (Dr. David Christopher) highly and often spoke of. I had never done it before, so I thought I would reach out to him and get some advice. I was set up to see a surgen, which I did go and meet with. He expalianed to me all the was to know about gall bladders and why it was necassary to have it removed. I told him I was going to wait and not have the surgery. He assured me that I would be back and not to delay it for chance of infection etc...
The phone call that changed my life: To give a little background, I lived in front of David and his family for 20+ years before getting married and moving away. He is a master herbalist and was always speaking of ways to better our lives; I was just not ready to listen at that time in my life growing up around him, and quit honestly may not have been had this not happened to me. I believe that there are times we only listen or take advice when something drastic happens and/or we are ready or prepared to hear what is being said to us. I was ready to listen at this point as mention; I did not want to have another gall stone episode ever again. I spoke to him of my incident and that the ER Dr. said the only way to get the stones out was to have the bladder removed. He said “that is all that Dr’s know to do” I told him I found a cleaning procedure on the Internet and asked what he would recommend since it was very similar to the 3 day cleanse. He told me to do the 3 day cleanse and add some lemon juice and olive oil the third night before retiring. (Procedure is listed on this blog). I talked to him about my new desire to change my eating habits, and I was ready at this point or prepared as I have mentioned to not just change my diet or make a diet out of it, but to change my LIFESTYLE. He counseled me to not eat dairy or eggs (what?), but again I was ready or “prepared” to listen. Drink carrot juice, he said (are you kidding me I thought) he has always spoke of drinking carrot juice. Now I drink it every day. We spoke of eating fruits and vegetables, on and on we went.
2 days after speaking with David I purchased the items I would need to do the cleansing. I wanted to do it over the weekend. Hey, $40 compared to gall bladder surgery, who wouldn’t try it? I did exactly what is outlined on the 3 day cleanse, with the addition of the olive oil and lemon juice the 3rd night as was recommended by Dr. Christopher. Well, I was so excited to have passed out the gall stones naturally on the 4th day, and to this day, that I am writing this up (November 2010) still have my gall bladder the way God intended it to be, and have not had any issuse since and especially haven't gone back in as the surgen predicted I would to have it removed. I was very relieved and to know that these were no longer in me to give me grief. I also was going to make sure I did not eat what would cause them to disrupt my life again. By following the mucusless diet and exercise, I have to date lost 90lbs, ran a 10k in July of this year, and feel so much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment