Did you know gall stones can be cleansed out? Learn this and much more, sign up for the Family Herbalist Course and save $100 off tuition. Click on School of Natural Healing and start learning today.

Greg's Eating Menu

I have had many suggest to me to add what it is I am eating day in and day out that has helped me keep my weight loss going and maintaining it. Here is a regimen that I do that really works for me, hopefully it works for you to. Stick to the mucusless diet, and eat as many fruits and vegetables (in their season) as much as possible. This may sound hard or impossible, but I can (speaking for myself) say that I have no desire or craving for the “Don’ts’” items and get complete satisfaction from the “Do’s.

Mucusless Diet:
DON’TS:
No Eggs
No Dairy
No Salt
No Refined Sugars
No Flour
No Meat (especially red meat)

DO’S:
*Fruits and Vegetables (in their season)
*Whole Grains
*Nuts and Seeds
*Salads (be careful with the dressing) Making your own is best
*Small amounts of fresh fish or organic chicken
*Anything wholesome or live

A gorillas diet consists of fruits, nuts, berries and seeds and gets all the protien it needs from them. They are very stong animals.

People make things different, so I will add a few ideas and how to do some things I make, but if you would like a recipe of any of these items, let me know.
You will notice I don’t have much listed for drink throughout the day. That is because I usually drink water. If I do have anything it will be a pure fruit drink or something without a lot of calories or sugar.

Breakfast:
Don’t skip breakfast, your body will play “catch up” all day if you do.
I start off every morning with a glass of grapefruit juice, just to get it all jump started. Then within 15-30 min. I will have one of the following:

Bowl of Oatmeal: (Rolled Oates, or Stone Cut Cats) I use almond milk, and then I mix in flaxseed meal, cinnamon and honey. I also add some walnuts and blueberries.

Cereal: I don’t do much cereal, but when I have it I eat the Kashi “Autumn Wheat” Other Kashi cereals can be good as well. This just happens to be the one I like the most that has a lot of good in it. I again use the almond milk; add in flaxseed meal and blueberries.

Apple Breakfast:
1 Large unpeeled apple – Diced
3/4 Cup rolled oats
1/4 Cup maple syrup ( I like it with Agave)
1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
1 Cup soy yogurt
2 TBSP wheat germ
Ground cinnamon (optional)
Stir the apples, oats, maple syrup and walnuts into the yogurt. Sprinkle with wheat germ. Top with cinnamon if desired. (This makes enough for 2 people unless really hungry)

Orange/Carrot/Banana Drink: 1 cup of carrot juice, 1 cup of orange juice, 1 banana. Mix in blender, pour in cup,add ice.
Bowl of Berries: I put strawberries, blueberries and raspberries (sometimes cut up a banana) in a bowl. Add a bit of Agave and sprinkle on wheat germ.

Midmorning Snack:
I always eat a midmorning snack: This is always fruit of some kind (something in season)

Lunch: I have over the years now, make my lunch and take it to work every day. This helps with the choices and saves money.

Salad: There are several ways to prepare a salad. Mix it up so you don’t get bored with one type of salad. Just try and be conscious of the dressing you are adding on. This good make or break your weight loss.

Fruit/Grain Bars: I will eat these with my lunch and sometimes as a snack. I use “Pure” or the Clif Bars. Make sure do look at what is in them, you want to get the ones that use real fruit and stay away from all the sugars. The good bars can be expensive, but they are better for you.

Tomato Sandwich: Pretty simple. I use Ezekiel Sprouted bread; tomatoes from the garden are the best. Vegenaise, and spicy mustard.
Raisins/Nuts/Seeds: These items can be eating with any of your lunch items.

Mid Afternoon Snack:
Here I have another type of fruit and will usually have a Silk yogurt or glass of Silk chocolate milk.

Dinner: I add in vegetables with every dinner (green beans, carrots, broccoli, zucchini, etc… and will usually always have a big glass of carrot juice
Stir Fry: Stir fry with shrimp or organic chicken

Quinoa and Black Beans: (one of my favorite dinners)
Salmon:

Vegetable Lasagna:

Turkey Burgers:

Dominican Food: My wife is Dominican, so we eat a lot of dishes from the Dominican Republic. Rice, beans, organic chicken, fruits, plantains, etc…. all in different ways.

We have all heard the saying “fail to plan, plan to fail” I always will prepare something to bring to eat while I am out of the house. This way I am not starving and will give into anything that I come across. (Fast Food) I will bring bars, nuts, raisins, fruits, water.

Eating out: Ok, so I don’t just always eat at home. I will usually have what I call a free day. Saturday is my day to eat (whatever I want) this has changed over the years of what that has been and has become even more health conscious then from the beginning. I also while out working will sometimes need to get dinner.

These are my choices and I know there are others that may work as well. I live in CA, so I don’t know what will be available for you? There may be others that have great chioces in your state. Find what is good for you.

Chipotle: Rice, organic chicken, black beans, etc… I get this in a bowl with no dairy added to it. I do it without the chicken most of the time.

Subway: Jared did it! I get the vegetarian delight. Wheat bread no cheese or dairy.

El Pollo Loco: They have some good chioces for when you need to be out.

BJ’s Restaurant: This is where I splurge the most on my Saturday’s I still get a salad. My wife has taught me to get the dressing on the side and dip the fork with every other bite in the salad. I will end up with half the dressing left over. Well the rest of that goes in the garbage instead of me.

I will add more as time goes on or as I find more dishes and places to eat that are better and healthier choices. Anyone that has a suggestion I would love to know what that is and try it. I have been doing this for almost 2 years and am always looking and willing to try more. This was just a quick brain dump of what I do and will keep it updated as time goes on or remember more.

1 comment:

  1. I have too been on the mucus less diet now for almost two years and i have lost 145 lbs and still have 60lbs still to go! I love everything Dr. christopher in fact my husband and I are in the process of becoming master herbilest through the school and distributors. We're excited..Congrats on your success..it always feels good to be healthy...

    ReplyDelete